A breakdown is defined as “A condition other than a normal operating mode caused by a non- preventable mechanical or electrical failure, out of tolerance condition, or accidental occurrence such as fire, explosion, flooding, earthquake, etc.” MDAQMD Reg. I, Rule 102 (28)
The Breakdown Program has been established for Mojave Desert Air Quality Management District (MDAQMD) regulated facilities to allow for timely self-reporting and repairs due to breakdown events per District Rule 430.
District Rule 430 Breakdown Provisions, if used properly, can give a facility a certain level of coverage from Compliance Enforcement Action due to violations of permit conditions, rules, and/ or Regulations during a breakdown event.
Initial Report is due within one hour of the breakdown or within one hour of the time a person knew or reasonably should have known of the occurrence of the breakdown.
Please include the following:
Start time of the breakdown
Estimated duration of the breakdown, if known
Cause(s) of the breakdown, if known
Follow-up Report is due within sixty (60) days of the date the breakdown was reported to the District.
Attn: Breakdown Program
14306 Park Ave
Victorville, CA 92392
- Do not report breakdowns unless a District rule or permit condition will be violated as a result of the breakdown.
- The breakdown or failure must not be the result of neglect or disregard of any rule or regulation.
- The breakdown must not be the result of improper maintenance or operator error.
- The condition cannot create a nuisance.
- The breakdown or failure must not be of a recurrent nature.
For additional questions please contact Catherine Tran at 760-245-1661 Ext. 5034 or firstname.lastname@example.org.